Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Day Eleven: The Grand Canyon

Fun Fact: Mike does 99% of our travel planning.  I think most of this is just personality based.  Mike likes to be in control while I am very much a go with the flow type of person. Mike loves trying to find the best deal and working the system, while I get overwhelmed with all of the choices and see it as a lot of work.  Classic Type A vs Type B. I will happily read a little bit about where we're going before we get there, but as far as planning our travels, that is almost all Mike. He actually enjoys it so much that he volunteers to plan other people's trips.  That sounds like such a pain to me, but to each his own. So, when it came to planning our cross country travels, Mike gladly took full responsibility.  The only thing I said I wanted to make sure made it on our itinerary was the Grand Canyon. And so, on day eleven, we found ourselves at the Grand Canyon.

I'll pretty much let the pictures do the talking because it's just incredible, but I will say that it is as cool as I expected and I'm so glad I spoke up and that it made it on our itinerary.












So cool!!
That's a big hole!







































I don't know if you can read this woman's shirt, but it says "I just want to drink wine, ride horses and take naps." Y'all.  I need this shirt.  That's basically my life mantra. 
We couldn't pass up the opportunity for a selfie!

We ended the night in the ER, which was definitely not on the itinerary.  The night before, I thought Finn felt warm, but he woke up and seemed okay, so we figured some fresh air would do him good.  Unfortunately, the fever came back with a vengeance and we decided that we should probably see a doctor, especially since he had been sick with an ear infection before we left. We ended up at Page Hospital in the middle of what felt like nowhere Arizona and had the best experience. The doctors and nurses were so friendly and really took care of our little guy.  In fact, the doctor brought up the possibility of a Urinary Tract Infection because his fever was so high and sure enough, that was it.  They gave him a shot of antibiotics and a prescription for more (ugh, so many drugs going into our babe) and by the time we left, his fever was gone and his smile was back.  So, a major shoutout to the doctors and nurses at Page Hospital, even though they did make Finn get a catheter. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment