Friday, March 10, 2017

Who will have their baby first?


In case you haven't been following along with the internet sensation that is April the Giraffe, let me fill you in. A few weeks ago, a zoo in New York set up a camera so you could live stream April the Giraffe.  The idea was that, when she goes in to labor, you'll be able to watch the delivery via live stream.  This was all very exciting and millions of people tuned in to watch.  It's now been two weeks and we still don't have a baby calf, but you better believe I've been streaming every day in hopes of seeing some hooves! Anyways,  I'm pretty sure most people thought April would have her calf by now, but alas, she's still pregnant.   Her tentative due date was mid-February, but they aren't 100% sure of her conception date, so it's not surprising that we're almost a month past.  Giraffes are pregnant for up to 464 days and have one of the longest gestational periods of any animal, so we could be waiting for a while.



I, on the other hand, have a very definite due date of April 22nd.  I'm singing all the praises that I don't have to be pregnant for 464 days.  I'm feeling great, but hoping our little guy doesn't make his appearance for a few more weeks, especially since Mike is out of town this week!




So, the big question is.....

Who will have their baby first?

Vote in the poll to the top right corner of the blog!!


Also, shoutout to Karen for being my April updater!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment