Thursday, June 14, 2018

Finnegan: 14 Months

Finn, Finn, Finn! What a month it's been.  It definitely hasn't been an easy one, but we love you nonetheless! You have become very opinionated in your old age (cue the laughs) and very determined, which both are qualities that will get you far in life, but as a one year old, it makes for some frustrating moments.  You have also decided to wake up in the middle of the night and not fall back asleep until I come in and rub your back. You topped off this month with pooping in the tub during bath time a few times, which you didn't seem to mind but I did. Despite some frustration on both of our part, we had a lot of fun this month and I love watching you grow!







Eating: Not much has changed. Breakfast is definitely his best meal of the day.  He always has a banana along with some sort of carb (we rotate between oatmeal, pancakes or waffles) and/or some yogurt. Lunch usually is peanut butter and jelly, chicken nuggets, or leftovers.  I will usually cut up some sweet potatoes for him to have, along with a fruit/veggie pouch.  We made a quesadilla for him the other day and he loved it, so that will be added to the rotation for sure! Dinner is Finn's least favorite and any amount of food consumed is considered a success. We try really hard to give him what we are eating and have found that he loves things like edamame!!  How funny!  I am just crossing all of my fingers and toes that he isn't a picky eater!





Sleeping: Guys, am I ever going to consistently sleep through the night?  Really though.  I'm beginning to doubt it.  For  every night that we sleep through the night, we get at least one night of Finn waking up.  All it takes is for me to go in, rub his back and say I love you before he settles down and goes to sleep, but I just don't understand why it's happening. We are back to two naps after unsuccessfully trying to switch to one, which is fine with me.  It makes it a little difficult to do anything that lasts more than a couple of hours, but I like having a break in the morning and afternoon, so I'm not in a rush.

Noises: Lots of babbling and when you ask him to say things like "Dog" or "dada" he will say "dah" or "dada" but I'm not sure there is meaning behind it.





Milestones: I think the biggest milestone this month is that he is really understanding what we are saying.  For example, if he is missing his sock and you say to him "Your sock is missing!" he will usually point to the foot that is without a sock.  It's so fun to see him understanding, even though he can't respond back yet. 



Likes and Dislikes:  His biggest like this month is definitely the dogs.  God bless them because they have the patience of saints. He is constantly trying to pet them, play with their toys, and just generally doing anything that would involve the dogs. He also loves Wheels on the Bus, which is fun for both of us.  Dislikes include being told no,  the hours of 4:00pm-6:00pm, and having his diaper changed.   





Nicknames: Finn, Finny, Buddy Bear, Finny Bear, Pooper (due to the bath tub incidents)

Clothing Size:  18 month for everything! I think the onesies and the tshirts are a little small, but the pants fit perfectly.

Diaper Size: 4 still.

Height: Probably 31ish inches since his pants seem to fit a little bit better.

Weight: A lot.  hahahaha.  I don't actually know but he's heavy!

Travel: None! We have been homebodies this month and stayed in Bremerton.

Teeth: Still seven although I feel like there are a few just about to break through.

Oh Finn, you may drive me crazy some days, but you also make me happier than I ever thought possible.  Your laugh when I tickle you makes me smile, your love for other creatures (Especially Anchor and Beacon) makes my heart melt, and your smile when your dad or I walk in the room makes me fall in love with you even more. You are a special little guy, Finnegan, and I am so lucky to call you mine.



















No comments:

Post a Comment